A beautiful Leach Pottery fluted bowl decorated in celadon glazes by David Leach and dating from the early to mid-20th century. The rounded porcelain bowl stands raised on a conical shaped foot and is decorated in celadon green glazes. The bowl has Leach pottery mark along with a LD mark for David Leach impressed to the base.
The bowl is in excellent condition
David Leach began an apprenticeship with his father at the Leach Pottery St Ives, Cornwall, in 1930 and trained as a pottery manager at the North Staffordshire Technical College, Stoke-on-Trent, 1935-37. He subsequently managed the pottery, changing over from a wood-burning to an oil-burning kiln and modernising the workshop.